June 2, 2011

My Ah-Hah Moment

     This morning I was debating on whether or not to close my blog forever. I mean I only have 17 followers, that I adore, however I often don't know what to blog about. I love challenges, so I say to myself I'll do some challenges and post them, but I lose track of time and remember on the wrong day. But I am going to do everything I can to remember them and actually post them! Last night I was browsing around and downloaded a bunch of Coffee Shop Textures, they are amazing you need to check them out and they're free!
  
     So anyway this morning I was heading outside with Caleb, camera in stow. I had one thing on mind and that was to take photos of the flowers Caleb picked for me last night and the seashells we grabbed at the beach yesterday. It was up to me to figure out how I would take these photos outside without a distracting background. Then it hit me, I had read a post a few weeks ago and remember reading about using paper as a background. It's genius! How I hadn't thought of it sooner is beyond me.

     Alas I had another problem: what am I going to put the paper against because the ground itself won't work.A camp chair, nah that isn't stable enough. I stand there in doorway looking around and then I see the pile of Mr. Potato Head parts, thank you Disney! We keep Mr. Potato Head and all his parts in a red rectangle bucket that came with Caleb's train table we got him for Christmas. It was perfect! So I taped some paper on it and went outside took the photos, brought them in edited them used some of those magnificent textures and viola here is the final product.


1 comment:

  1. Cool idea...Mr Potato Head rocks for so many reasons...this is just one more :D

    ReplyDelete